Rough day yesterday on the eating front. Second straight day of intestinal discomfort that seemed to stem from my morning kefir smoothie, leading to minimal appetite at midday. By dinner, I’d be in major hangry mode. Thursday was unpleasant, and Friday was even worse, because I had to be meatless. I find having to plan meals and pick foods annoying.
I wish I hadn’t hit a wall just five or six weeks into this, but it’s official: I’m already bored with low-carb eating.
As with so many things, I’ve turned to Dr. Google to figure out how to climb out of this rut. (I stayed away from keto-specific links because, frankly, keto is a cult and I’m sick of hearing about it.) Linking to some worthwhile advice below.
- Avoiding Boredom on a Low-Carb Diet
- 9 Creative Ways to Make Your Low-Carb Diet More Fun (and Less Boring)
- 7 Things You Shouldn’t Do on a Low-Carb Diet, According to Dietitians
- 6 Ways to Overcome the Sadness of Low Carb Diets
- Sticking to Low Carb for the Long Term
- 10 Common Mistakes to Avoid When Starting a Low-Carb Diet
- Top 10 Tips for Getting Back on Track With Your Low-Carb Diet