The Washington Post (always worth the subscription!) has a great list of suggestions for decompressing without doomscrolling.
I’ve made a list for myself. Feel free to join me.
- Watch the Fran Lebowitz/Martin Scorese collaboration “Pretend It’s a City” on Netflix. (So far, it feels like a one-woman old-school Woody Allen movie, without Woody Allen’s creepiness.)
- Write a letter, note, or postcard to a friend or anybody else who could use encouragement or a bright spot in their day and drop it in the mail.
- Do a quickie chair workout.
- Read the Gospel reading from the day’s Mass.
- Pray a Rosary or Divine Mercy chaplet.
- Catch up on one of my several journals/datebooks.
- Collect low-carb baking recipes and actually try one.
I’ve also been binging lately on “Big Bang Theory” clips on YouTube, but I’ve kind of hit a wall on those.